- Conceptual design
Previous studies, preliminary projects and conceptual projects.
- Schematic design
TThe basic or schematic project, conceived as an advanced conceptual with an overview to the delivering and management before local authorities, is a previous step before our clients, with whom a progress in design is developed much more close to the final goal of the investment.
- Design development and construction documents
The design development is conceived as a whole, because the Data Center is a living system whose physical infrastructure of services interacts in multiple directions and layers, due to the very condition of its high criticality and service.
We analyze reforms of partial or global growth. We are aware that a Data Center needs to grow and evolve, as per the client's own program or as a consequence of markets and technology. For all this, we carry out designs for reform, rehabilitation, growth or improvement in scale, retrofit or reconversion.
- BIM DESIGN
NEXITIC can approach the design under the BIM modeling tool; reconciled and linked to the project management, the BIM design allows the cost analysis, the accuracy in the work program as well the traceability and the adjustment of the in-progress changes.
We approach the conception of the air conditioning design according to the triad budget / resilience / level of redundancy in order to combine energy efficiency with TIER compliance.
We cover all aspects of the design of the Data Center's air conditioning:
- Dual CRAH water-DX systems.
- Direct expansion (DX) systems with dynamic freecooling.
- Direct expansion systems with inverter or digital compressors.
- Water-water systems, with hybrid towers and dry operation.
- Water-air systems, with water freecooling.
- Special AHU systems with adiabatic cooling.
- AHU systems with direct / indirect air freecooling.
- Special high density systems in different versions(in-rack, in-row).
- Liquid cooling.
Our engineering distances itself from standardization and commonplaces, because it assumes that each Data Center is a unique building, and that is why unique "taylor-made" solutions must be carry on. In NEXITIC we know the Data Center business in its multiple layers, so that our solutions cover physical modularity and scalable development, or the growth and IT expansion of different types of IT services for different IT & DC business models, according to whether it is Co-location, Hyper-convergence, Cloud, Edge Data Centers, Hosting services or Big Data, to name a few: a design strategy or another can be approached and focused; even when dealing with enterprise data centers, the solutions to be implemented will be far from the usual ones. In chilled water systems we carefully consider the suitability of the constant or variable waterflow, depending on the hydraulic branches and required redundancy, but never neglecting the energy efficiency, the "continuous cooling" otherwise temperature ranges.
The filtering rating as per ISO and ASHRAE standards 62.1-2010- "Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality" and airborne contaminants is another aspect that we look at carefully, as well as strict compliance with the most demanding standards that already constitute our know-how.
The operating temperatures, the double set-point of temperature for the water free-cooling, the strategy of control according to cold / hot aisles, or the application of overpressure or isothermal impulsion by wall are some of the multiple approaches with which we get our design, pursuing excellence and the best interannual PUE.
We analyze the pair formed by T / HR within cold air in front of the racks, according to the TC 9.9 guidelines, and even we have analysts of "IT cooling" and "thermal management" able to focus the impact on the computation ratio and its efficiency depending on the cold aisle temperatures.
Beyond the above-mentioned systems, we have background in regards renewable energy, which converges in the field of sustainability and energy efficiency: for this reason, ice accumulation and phase change systems, or more sophisticated systems such as AHUs built on site, or beyond, systems with rotary exchanger. Even last generation equipments that operate according to the Matsoienko cycle or by desiccants (ad-sorption). Even in certain latitudes, use of "district heating" or "district cooling" infrastructure.
The electrical infrastructure and energy services is an essential field that NEXITIC addresses for its definition from diverse and concurrent points of view: without neglecting the aspect of energy efficiency, it looks first and foremost at the achievement of robustness and resilience according to TIER levels or security rating:
- Systems with double branches by conventional or open busbars.
- Electrical design strategy according to redundancy level.
- Intelligent PDU and distribution analysis in rack19" and rack21".
- ATS and STS.
- Topology and typology of earthing systems such as TN-S or TN-C-S.
- State-of-the-art UPS systems, modular UPS.
- Electric panels for hot operation, type 4 form and other standards.
- In-rack power distribution at 24 and 48V.
- Analysis of autonomy.
NEXITIC analyzes the risks of simple points to failure or SPOFs within the electrical topology designed to meet the most demanding TIER safety standards.
- Gensets and emergency systems of the latest generation.
- Energy Kinetic Storage Systems (KE Storage) type DRUPS.
- Analysis and selection of long-lasting batteries with greater autonomy (Lithium ion or VRLA).
We design the most adequate fire protection system, according to national regulations and international standards.
- Automatic extinguishing systems by chemical or inert media (N2 + Ar), CO2 or NOVEC 1230.
- Water extinguishing systems (water mist).
- Very Early smoke detection aspiration systems (VESDA).
- Overpressure systems and action on the service infrastructure (HVAC, others), without affecting the operation.
- Passive protection systems and analysis of sectorization, fire load and intrinsic risk.
- On request, it is possible to model fire development with FDS software.
In NEXITIC, it is designed and projected from each application code or specific regulation: NFPA, FM, BS.
- Automatic extinguishing systems by chemical or inert media (N2 + Ar), CO2 or NOVEC 1230.
- Plumbing and general sanitation, looking for the best and safest system, always considering the particularities and singularities of a Data Center.
- Studies for collecting rainwater, and feeding to tertiary systems.
- Sewage treatment.
- Fuel transfer systems.
- Treatment of purge water, condensation and drainage by reverse osmosis and post-treatments.
- Recovery and treatment of water from mechanical services and HVAC within the building.
- Liquid leak detection systems.
- Consulting and design for compliance with LEED requirements. "Water efficiency" and "water use reduction".
The DCIM, for years the intelligent paradigm for the control and management of the Data Center, is a matter of analysis, selection and design by our experts. DCIM and BMS converge in the Data Center in order to provide the cleanrooms with greater autonomy, resilience control capacity, transparency, monitoring and energy efficiency. DCIM and BMS comprise the tools of physical infrastructure and server monitoring, for whose implementation, in combination with virtualization, load balancing strategies, exploitation peaks, O & M, etc ... has become one of the cornerstones, and that is why NEXITIC looks and coordinates with the premium companies the best solution for the Data Center.Combined with the field of consulting and O & M, DCIM is not only the software tool capable of managing energy, IT operation and alarm status within the Data Center, but must comprise the capacity and vision to: provide elements and criteria for the valuation and planning of the life cycle of assets, the change management, the migrations and in general all the aspects where the peculiarities of the O & M of the infrastructure converge with the own software services and IT operation.
According to the typology of the Data Center (Multi-vendor Carrier Neutral, low latency, etc ...) and the degree of redundancy and resilience, we project the best communication and network system for the data center, according to:
- Communication infrastructure. Single-mode and multimode optical fiber network, for data center interconnection and campus networks.
- Infrared infrastructure of local network: network electronics, wireless environments and structured cabling.
The physical security of the Data Center has always been, and increasingly is, an essential requirement for the complete control and good operation of the data center: from both sides (security protection, negligence / attack, and security). security against the loss of natural origin) the complex of the Data Center designed by NEXITIC always satisfies both requirements, reconciling them with the rest of the requirements that are part of the usual operation of access control and video surveillance, at different levels according to authority and field of performance.
Electronic security and access control keeps a special and complex role within the logistics of entry of goods and people in a Data Center. We design the spaces and their accessibility and servitude steps from the origin, contemplating the interaction and own affectation of access control and the corresponding video surveillance and biometric control.
Due to this we design the systems related to:
- Video surveillance
- Access control
- Control of Gauging